Easy Kratom Chocolate Recipes
Kratom is well-known for its potential health and wellness properties. Around the world, millions of people use this Southeast Asian herb as a natural holistic health and wellness aid, touting its purported abilities to relieve pain, improve focus, increase energy, boost mood, reduce stress, enhance relaxation and more.
However, kratom is also famous for something not nearly as appetizing as its effects…and that would be it’s notably bitter taste. Whichever kratom strain you choose, this bitterness can be quite overwhelming for some, and not to everyone’s liking.
That’s where kratom recipes come in. One time-honored way to consume kratom is by incorporating it in various recipes to mask, balance or even enhance its flavor. Chef’s have long used complimentary flavors and foods to balance out the bitterness of dishes. The same can be done with kratom.
In this guide we explore easy chocolate recipes that will tantalize your taste buds, cover up the bitterness of kratom and have you well on your way improving your experience with this plant.
After all, what better way to get your daily dose of kratom than by creating some tasty chocolate treats.
Which Kratom Strain to Use for Chocolate Recipes
There are a multitude of strains and various veins of kratom to choose from. Each offers a unique take on this plant, providing the user with varying effects that range from euphoric and uplifting, to deeply relaxing.
A Quick Recap of Veins Ideal for Kratom Chocolate Recipes:
- Red Vein: Perfect for a bedtime or after work treat due to its impressive sedative and relaxing properties.
- White Kratom: An ideal pairing with chocolate for a mid-morning or lunchtime treat to improve your mood, focus and energy.
- Green Kratom: A melding of the effects notable in both red and white veins, green vein kratom is a perfect option for social occasions, artistic endeavors and more.
Kratom Chocolate Recipes
Once you’ve decided which strain is right for your chocolate fix, it’s time to cook up a storm in the kitchen. But don’t worry, these recipes are as easy as they are delectable.
Kratom Chocolate Milk
Kratom mixes well with drinks, which is why kratom teas and juices are so popular. Making kratom chocolate milk is another tasty, quick and easy way to enjoy this plant.
1 cup full-fat milk
2 tablespoons chocolate powder
- Place two tablespoons of milk and the kratom powder into a glass.
- Stir the mixture until it becomes a smooth paste.
- Add the chocolate powder and the rest of the milk.
- Stir well and enjoy
Top Tip: Substitute dairy for almond, soy or oat milk for a non-dairy kratom chocolate shake.
Kratom Chocolate Muffins
Who doesn’t love a good chocolate muffin? From breakfast to an afternoon snack or evening treat, muffins always hit the spot.
1/2 cup all-purpose flour
1/2 cup peanut butter
35g of kratom
1 1/4 cups rolled oats
2 tablespoons coconut oil
1/4 cup milk
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 cup brown sugar
1 tablespoon baking powder
- Add the kratom powder, coconut oil, and peanut butter into a bowl.
- Mix with a spatula.
- Let sit for a while (ideally for two days) so that the ingredients blend together.
- Place the dough into a mixer with the rest of the ingredients and mix well.
- Line cupcake sheets with butter or paper liners. Scoop the dough onto the cupcake sheets.
- Bake in a preheated oven at 375 degrees for 15 minutes.
Top Tip: For extra indulgence, mix chocolate chips or marshmallows into the dough before placing the mixture into the molds.
Rich, gooey brownies are arguably the ultimate treat for chocolate lovers around the world. Combine this favorite with kratom and you’ll be in for something truly special.
2 doses of kratom powder
80g all-purpose flour
200g dark chocolate (at least 70% cocoa)
150g melted unsalted butter
10 almond nuts
- Crack the eggs into a large bowl, add the sugar and beat together.
- Melt the chocolate in the microwave and mix in the melted butter.
- Slowly add the chocolate and butter mix to the eggs and sugar while stirring gently.
- In a separate bowl, mix the kratom powder and flour together before adding them to the mixture.
- Crush the nuts, place them in the mixture and stir.
- Grease a baking tray and pour in the mixture.
- Bake in a preheated 350-degree oven for 20 minutes.
- After 20 minutes, stick a toothpick into the center of the brownie. If it comes out clean, remove the brownie from the oven. If not, leave it to bake for a further two minutes.
- Cut into eight equal portions before serving.
Top Tip: Substitute almonds for any type of nut you choose.
Fudge and brownies might be a little too ‘rich’ and savory for those without a major sweet tooth, but cookies can be made with less sugar and enjoyable by all.
2 tablespoons kratom powder
2 cups all-purpose flour
1/2 teaspoon salt
3/4 cup melted unsalted butter
1/2 cup white sugar
1 cup brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 cup chocolate chips
1 tablespoon vanilla extract
1 egg yolk
- Combine the melted butter with the white and brown sugar using a blender.
- Add the vanilla extract and eggs to the mixture and beat until it has a cream consistency.
- Place the kratom powder, salt, flour, and baking soda in a bowl.
- Stir and add the creamy-textured mixture.
- Bring it together into a dough.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper. Using one tablespoon per cookie, place the dough on the baking tray. As they expand while cooking, leave a two-inch gap between each cookie.
- Bake in a 325-degree oven for 8-10 minutes.
Top Tip: Use white, brown, or dark chocolate chips depending on your preference.
Kratom Chocolate Ice Cream
You scream, I scream, we all scream for ICE CREAM! Fact is, you’ll be hard-pressed to find anyone who doesn’t love ice cream. Even better, kratom chocolate ice cream is probably the easiest recipe of all!
1/2 gallon melted chocolate ice cream
1-2 tablespoons kratom powder
- Stir the kratom powder into the melted ice cream.
- Place in the freezer.
It really is that simple!
Kratom and Chocolate: a Match Made in Heaven
Chocolate makes almost anything better, kratom included. Apart from balancing out kratom’s bitterness, the fat content in chocolate recipes may aid in helping to emulsify and digest kratom when consumed, potentially improving its effects.
With these easy recipes, you too can enjoy two of your favorite things all wrapped up in one delicious treat.